Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Fundraiser

Somehow, I was the beneficiary of a pie throwing contest this year.  One of my colleagues - Chad Sheldon - who I trained in residency with developed Bone Marrow Cancer this year and the nurses and staff at Annie Penn hospital in Reidsville decided to do a fundraiser for cancer in his memory - this was accomplished with a variety of state fair like games and fun including a flag football game, carnival games, face painting and pie throwing which was my kind of face painting evidently.  I was on a diet when this occurred so the sugary sweet whipped cream pies to the face were what I blame for making me come off my diet and gain 40 pounds this year.  Here are some pics from that day - the kids all loved throwing the pies and really rubbing it in.


I think its fair to say that they thoroughly enjoyed this moment.


It would be wrong to say that I didn't either!


No comments: